Do You Have Problems Taking Your Medications?
We have found that many people actually want to
take their medicine as directed but don’t because
they can’t swallow or their prescriptions cause
intolerable side effects.
Our compounding pharmacy can help! Customized
medications can help people to receive the medications they need and get better faster. Here
are some of the problems that interfere with therapy, and how our compounding pharmacist can
- Gastrointestinal upset caused by oral medications: we can usually compound the needed
medication into a transdermal gel so that the medication can be absorbed systemically but
bypasses the GI tract.
- Bad taste or texture: we can flavor medication in a solution, suspension, lollipop, or lozenge.
- Difficulty swallowing or nothing permitted by mouth: medications can be compounded into
dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as a topical/transdermal cream or gel,
or a rectal suppository.
- Difficulty breaking tablets or measuring a dose: we can compound medications in the dose
that is most appropriate for a specific patient.
- Allergies or sensitivities to dyes, lactose, sugar, alcohol or preservatives: our specially trained
professionals can compound medications that are free of problem-causing excipients.
We work together with physicians and other health care professionals and their
patients, and customize medications to meet each patient’s unique needs.
© Storey Marketing. All rights reserved.
877-797-6567 | Fax 877-274-3919 | www.pharmacysolutionsonline.com